Jill Vickers Prize
The Jill Vickers Prize has been established in honour of professor Jill Vickers, an activist and a leader in Canadian feminist scholarship, and the author of numerous books and articles in the fields of feminist political science, epistemology and interdisciplinary methodology, feminist theory and movements for change. The prize is awarded every year.
- The prize will be awarded to the author of the best paper presented, in English or French, at the 2024 conference on the topic of gender and politics.
- The call for submissions will be addressed and circulated to all panels’ discussants and stipulate that papers from any section of the conference programme are eligible for the prize as long as they address the topic of gender and politics.
- The jury will consist of the Women, Gender and Politics section head for the conference in which the papers were presented and two other members appointed each fall by the Board.
- The deadline for submission of papers is June 23, 2024.
- The winner will be announced at the 2025 CPSA Conference.
- To be considered for the prize, the author or the panels’ discussants must email a digital version of the paper to each member of the Prize Jury (click on their names below to access their e-mail addresses) and to the CPSA Prize Team. Subject line: 2025 JILL VICKERS PRIZE PAPER – “Paper title”